Boomwhackers tubes

 In this project, we will create percussion tubes, that is, boomwhackers tubes (they are sound tubes that when struck emit a certain tone) and then we will use them to reproduce a song with English lyrics.

We will start by creating the percussion tubes. To do so, we will need PVC tubes of different sizes so that each one sounds in a different way. We will make seven different sizes to simulate the 7 musical notes, and each one will be painted in a different color, to better differentiate the sounds. We will create at least two tubes for each student.
Then we will start practicing the song that in this case I have chosen "In the Jungle, the mighty jungle ...". We will have the lyrics printed so that we can work on their vocabulary and learn it together with the melody.
Later we will try to recreate the song with the boomwhackers tubes, while the melody of the song plays in the background and we sing the lyrics all together. Next I leave the link of this project that we are carrying out in my school in Burgos, where we need to implement the part of singing it in English together with the instruments, since here we are carrying out the project together with the music subject.

Silvia Díez Perez

Comentarios

  1. This is a fantastic project: they are such simple instruments but sound fantastic!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Popular posts

The Colour Monster song

I have always used songs in classes at any level. They allow you to work on so many issues, such as vocabulary, structures, grammar, not to mention the Listening skill, if it's a gap filling, or the fact that students tend to unwind when listening to a song. This last idea made me think it would be a great idea to use The Colour Monster song as a relaxing activity in my classes. I have to mention I used it for second graders of ESO in a highschool last year and they loved it. We worked on feelings and wordbuilding and from that moment on I received a different answer than "I'm good" to my question "How are you feeling today?" They started to use: upset, worried, thrilled, calm or sleepy. I even recommended the same song to one of my tutoring students, whose teacher at school (1st of BACH) asked them to look for a song that uses colours in it. We linked colours to feelings and came up with a list of feelings, using both nouns and adjectives (anger/angry). N

"We are going on a bear hunt" with instruments

  *After attending this course I thought that one of the stories I normally tell my infant students every year in autumn would be perfect to add some sounds to it. The story chosen is " We are going on a bear hunt ". Normaly I just make the sound effects myself using my mouth or I find the sounds effects online. I've already done it this year but for the next I think it would be great to prepare some materials, not sure if you could call them musical instruments, for the sound effects. The first time I would make the noises but for the next retelling sessions, kids could make the sounds themselves: -Grass "swishy swashy": ran a broom or dusting brush along the floor. -River "splash splosh": throw something in a bucket with water -Mud "squelch squerch": shake a bottle with soil and water. -Forest "stumble trip": hit stisks together (like brunshes in the forest) -Snowstorm "hoooo woooo!": blow air into a cup -Cave "ti

Humpty Dumpty STEAM

  Humpty Dumpty is a nursery rhyme that I usually use for a STEAM lesson plan because it is a great way to incorporate science, technology, engineering, art, and math, but also, literacy and music. On the one hand, you can do different experiments to reinforce the concepts of sinking and floating. For example, I fill a clear jar with water and place Humpty in, as you know, he should go right to the bottom. Then, I ask the students what they think will happen if you add some salt to Humpty’s water and stir each time to dissolve the salt. As we know, the salt makes the water denser than the contents of the egg, so Humpty will float to the top of the jar. Another experiment that could be used to introduce the concept of solids, liquids and gases is to place Humpty into some vinegar in a see-through container and leave him for a few days and do some regular observations. There would be bubbles forming around the egg within an hour, so we can ask our students what they think the bubbles